This article will explain you how to connect a custom domain ordered at NameCheap.
Please check if your server has a dedicated IP address. A dedicated IP address is an address with the port 25565. If you have something else at the end of the IP address (after ":"), you don't have a dedicated IP address.
Dedicated IP or not a dedicated IP?:
A Dedicated IP: 192.168.0.1:25565
Not a Dedicated IP: 192.168.0.1:25678
1. Log in to your NameCheap account. (Click here to log in)
2. On your NameCheap dashboard, click the "Manage" button next to your domain.
3. Next, click the "Advanced DNS" button in the navigation bar.
4. Now choose for "Add new record" under "Host records".
4.1. If you do not see the "Host records" section then your domain's DNS is not at NameCheap. You can transfer the DNS back to NameCheap from the "Domain" section in the navigation bar. If you're using another DNS service like Enjin or CloudFlare, you can configure this there. If not, please continue to the next step.
5. Select "A Record" as Type.
5.1. Enter a subdomain as Host, in this example we chose "play", it will then be "play.domain.com". IMPORTANT: If you do NOT have a dedicated IP address, do NOT enter the final subdomain you'd like to have here. Instead pick something else, for example "server".
5.2. Enter the IP address of your server as Value, in this example the IP of the server would be 192.168.0.1. Do not enter your port here, so just enter everything before the colon (:) here.
5.3. Press the green check button at the right to save the record.
6. If you have a dedicated IP address, it is now set up and you should be able to connect to the "host" chosen above. In the case of this example you would be able to connect to play.domain.com. Please note it can take up to 24 hours for your DNS changes to work due to DNS propagation.
If you do not have a dedicated IP address, proceed to step 7.
7. Once again, add a new record under "Host records" like you already did in step 4.
8. Select "SRV Record" as Type.
8.1. Enter "_minecraft" as Service.
8.2. Enter "_tcp.mc" as Protocol if you want players to connect using mc.domain.com, please note that if you want to use "play" here, you should change the value chosen at step 5.1 to something else like "server".
8.3. Enter "0" as Priority.
8.4. Enter "0" as Weight.
8.5. Enter the port of your server as Port. In this example the port is 25678. Your port is the number after the colon (:) in your IP address.
8.5. Enter the subdomain chosen in step 5.1 as target followed by your domain, if you entered play, you should enter play.domain.com in the target field.
8.6. Press the green check button at the right to save the record.
It's all set up now, if you exactly followed this guide, you should be able to connect to play.mydomain.com if you DO have a dedicated IP address and you should be able to connect to mc.mydomain.com if you do NOT have a dedicated IP address.
You can of course change the subdomain part to whatever you like, just make sure you pick 2 seperate ones in case you don't have a dedicated IP address.
Please note it can take up to 24 hours for your DNS changes to work due to DNS propagation.
- 4 Users Found This Useful
How to Connect a Domain - GoDaddy
This article will explain you how to connect a custom domain ordered at GoDaddy.Please check if...