There are multiple ways to install a plugin on your server at Withernode, both of these are explained in this article:
- Using the Plugin List in Multicraft
- Manually uploading plugins through FTP
Before you can use plugins, make sure your server is running Spigot or Craftbukkit. You can select Spigot from our control panel under the "Server JAR" dropdown menu:
Installing from the Multicraft plugin list
1. Log in to Multicraft and open your server's page. On the sidebar menu, go to Files -> Plugin List.
2. On the Plugin list page, select the source which you'd like to download the plugin from, then in the "Name" field, enter the name of the plugin you're looking for. Press the "Enter" key on your keyboard to search. Once you found the plugin you'd like to install, click it's name.
3. On the plugin information page, select the plugin version compatible with the Minecraft/Spigot version you run. Use the table at the right to check which versions you can use.
4. Once you selected the right version, click the install button to install the plugin. After a few seconds, the status will change and show the plugin is installed.
5. Restart your server in order for the plugin to load and configuration files to be generated.
Installing plugins manually using FTP
1. Download the plugin you'd like to install from preferably one of the following sources:
Make sure the plugins you downlaod are compatible with the version of Spigot or Craftbukkit you have installed!
2. Once you have the plugin, you will usually get a .jar file. This file can be uploaded to the plugins directory of your server using an FTP client like FileZilla, (Click here for our FileZilla guide). In case you get a .zip file, extract the file, it will probably contain the .jar file(s) you need. Upload only the .jar files.
3. Restart your server in order for the plugin to load and configuration files to be generated.